One thing is for certain when I show my face at a Christmas party – I better have a batch of Peppermint Chocolate Bark with me. I bring it with me to every party I am invited to and it’s always the first thing to go! I love it because it’s the easiest thing to make and for some reason, everyone always thinks it’s more complicated to make than it really is. Well, the secret’s out – not only is peppermint chocolate bark super tasty, but it’s literally the most simple thing to make.
Peppermint Chocolate Bark
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Bag Wilton’s White Chocolate Wafers
- Wilton’s Candy Cane Sprinkles
- Peppermint Sugar
- Candy Canes (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Oil
**I just want to mention that this particular recipe calls for peppermint oil. I have made it without the oil many times in the past, but the oil makes it even more flavorful. If you don’t have the oil, the crushed candy canes on top of the bark will make it pepperminty enough to call it Peppermint Chocolate bark, so don’t stress too much if you don’t have the peppermint oil.
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by crushing your candy canes. I do this by unwrapping them, placing them in a Ziploc bag and lightly smashing them with a hammer – but you can use any method that works for you.
2. Next, melt the Chocolate according to directions on the package.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, add the peppermint oil and mix well.
4. Pour the melted chocolate on to a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread evenly.
5. Immediately add your crushed candy canes, peppermint sugar, and candy cane sprinkles (or any other festive sprinkles you like).
6. Let your chocolate harden completely and then break it or cut it into pieces.
Store your Peppermint Chocolate Bark in an air-tight container and enjoy!
I can’t wait to share this Peppermint Chocolate Bark with my friends and family at our annual pre-Christmas gathering this weekend.
This Peppermint Chocolate Bark is always a hit around the holidays. It’s a simple recipe that is ready in just minutes using just a few ingredients.