We’re right smack dab in the middle of summer vacation and other than “I’m bored”, the only other thing my kids are programmed to say is “I’m hungry”. They have a meal, tell me they’re full and then they are hungry again 10 minutes later. This mysterious hunger only seems to happen when they are out on school breaks, too. Weird, huh? Anyways, since my boys are literally always hungry, I make them a lot (and I do mean a lot) of snacks when they are home. These Pepperoni Pizza Bombs are a favorite in my house.
Pepperoni Pizza Bombs with Homemade Pizza Sauce
Here’s what you need:
For pizza bombs:
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls, separated
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half
For pizza dipping sauce:
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar, as desired
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. On each crescent triangle, place about three slices of pepperoni and half a mozzarella cheese stick.
3. Roll crescent from the widest side of the triangle to the opposite side. Gently tuck edges to enclose the pepperoni.
4. Arrange pizza bombs on a baking sheet approximately one inch apart. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, puree the ingredients for the pizza sauce in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high power for 5 minutes. Serve beside pizza bombs.
NOTE: For your non-pepperoni eaters, follow the same directions, but leave out the pepperoni slices. Easy peasy!
There usually aren’t any Pepperoni Pizza Bombs left for me, but on a rare occasion I get one for myself….if I sneak it before I serve them to the kids. HA!
And if you are in a hurry, you can always use jarred sauce to dip your Pepperoni Pizza Bombs into instead of making your own.
These pepperoni pizza bombs are a quick and easy snack. I hope your family likes them as much as mine does.