It’s summer vacation and if your kids are anything like mine, they are asking for a snack every five seconds. Like literally…my two eat constantly.
All. Day. Long!
I am always looking for easy snacks to make for them. Since my boys (and most other boys I know) are obsessed with poop – and the poop emoji, I made some Poop Emoji Rice Krispie Treats recently and they were a big hit!
Poop Emoji Rice Krispie Treats
Here’s what you need:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup brown candy melts or chocolate chips
- 1 cup bright white candy melts
- Decorating bag
- Large candy eyes
- Poop emoji cookie cutter
- Colorful lollipop sticks
- 9×13” baking pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
Here’s what you do:
1. Grease a 9 x 13″ pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or until the marshmallows get puffy.
3. Mix in several drops of brown food color bag and stir your marshmallows and butter mixture until mixed together.
4. Add your Rice Krispies cereal to the mixing bowl and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with brown melted marshmallows.
5. Scoop into your greased pan, press down firmly and let set for an hour to cool or transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Press your poop cookie cutter firmly onto the Rice Krispies to cut out your poop shapes and place onto a sheet of parchment paper.
7. In two small separate microwave safe bowls, heat your candy melts on 50% power in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
8. Fill one decorating bag with white candy melts and one with brown and cut a small tip off the ends of the bags.
9. Use your brown decorating bag to draw an outline on to each rice crispy treat and three diagonal lines from left to right with the bottom one starting in the center like pictured.
10. Dab a small amount of melted brown chocolate onto the back of two candy eyes and press carefully onto the center of the poop emoji‘s.
11. Use your white decorating bag to draw a half oval for the smile below the eyes.
12. Let your melted chocolate harden and enjoy!
Obsessed with the poop emoji? These Poop Emoji Rice Krispie Treats are a fun & easy snack idea!