This recipe is a tasty dinner that both the kids and grown-ups will love! Not only is it delicious, it’s not fried making it a healthier meal option for your family. The kids love helping with this meal, too – crushing pretzels and dipping chicken is just plain fun and it teaches them some basic kitchen skills (make sure they wash their hands well before and after, of course). Add these Pretzel crusted chicken strips to your dinner rotation this week for a quick, yummy meal!
- 1 ½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups pretzels
- ½ cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Slice chicken breast into long, thin strips-about ½” wide.
3. Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
4. Place pretzels in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin or jar to crush.
5. In a shallow container combine flour and garlic salt.
6. In a second container, whisk the eggs.
7. Place crushed pretzels in the third.
8. Dip chicken in flour to coat, then eggs, and finally pretzels.
9. Spread out well on a baking sheet lined with parchment and a silpat mat.
10. Bake for 10 minutes, flip chicken over and bake and additional 6 minutes.
To make honey mustard: Combine 1 Tbsp. mayo, 1 Tbsp. mustard, and 1 Tbsp. honey. Mix well.
This is a quick, easy dinner and I bet it will go over as big with your family as it does with mine.