As soon as the air starts to chill in late August, there is one thing on my mind. Pumpkin. A sure sign that it’s pumpkin season is when Dunkin Donuts brings back their pumpkin flavored munchkins and lattes. Here in New England, that’s the unofficial start of fall, but let’s face it – I could eat pumpkin flavored things all year long. And sometimes I do. Recently I made some ah-mazingly delicious Pumpkin French Toast Sticks and they were a big hit with at least one of my children (I have one extreme pumpkin lover and one, well, not so much).
Anyhow, these Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are wicked easy to make and they don’t take long to prepare. We all like to send our kids off to school with a hearty breakfast in their tummies and this is one that I feel good about. My picky eater asked for seconds, so that says a lot…..
They’re seriously good and really easy to make.
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
Here’s what you need:
- 6 Slices Texas Toast Bread
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Sugar for sprinkling on top
Here’s what you do:
1. Mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
2. Cut each slice of bread into 4 strips.
3. Dip each bread stick into the mixture and be sure to coat it thoroughly.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, spray or coat with butter, and cook the French toast sticks for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Turn each stick to make sure all the sides get toasted.
5. Remove from pan, sprinkle with a little bit of sugar and serve with warm syrup.
If you love pumpkin, these Pumpkin French Toast Sticks will rock your world!
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are a delicious fall breakfast for your favorite pumpkin lover! I promise, you’ll love ’em!