News flash – cookout season is coming! With the warm weather heading our way, most of us will be coming out of hibernation and that means cookouts, cookouts and more cookouts. We host plenty of them at our house and will get invited to equally as many over the course of the summer. Whenever I get invited to one, I always volunteer to bring my quick and easy Italian Pasta Salad. It’s so easy to make and it’s always a hit.
Italian Pasta Salad
Here’s what you need:
- 1 (12 ounce) box of pasta I used the Tri Color Rotini
- 1 package of Pepperoni Minis (0r buy full size and cut into fours)
- 1 8-ounce mozzarella
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 can of sliced black olives
- 2-3 tomatoes (or buy the grape tomatoes and cut in half)
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing (we like Wishbone brand)
Here’s what you do:
1. First off you want to start cooking the pasta as directed on box.
2. Next start to prep the veggies and cutting up the cheese. I peeled my cucumber and diced thin and cut into four pieces. Just do bite size pieces.
3. Continue cutting up your pepper and tomatoes as well as he cheese. Just do bite size pieces.
4. When the pasta is cooked through, drain and rinse in cold water. Make sure pasta is cool to touch and then put in a bowl.
5. Then you can toss In your pepperoni, olives, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. Next add in about ¼ of your dressing and stir it around. You want things to be evenly coated, and feel free to add more dressing.
6. When you get ready to serve it you can add some more dressing and stir. It can dry out a little so adding a little dressing and stirring will help.
Note: You can add any veggies you want to the salad, it is very versatile. You can make this ahead of time and serve later or eat right away! If you have a homemade dressing recipe you can even make that instead of using store bought dressing like I did.
We will be eating this Italian Pasta Salad all summer long in our family. We can’t get enough. What is your favorite cookout food?