The Fourth of July is such a fun holiday. The cookouts, swimming, fireworks, spending time out in the sun with friends & family – what better way to celebrate Independence Day could there be? I look forward to the 4th every year and this year will be no different. We usually host a cookout at our house and in addition to the mountain of burgers, hot dogs, steaks and chicken we’ll be having – there will be an additional mountain of desserts. These red white and blue freeze pops are festive and the kids always love them. They’ll be running around playing in the back yard for hours that day, so these are the perfect way for them to cool off. Plus, they are tasty and wicked easy to make.
Here’s What You Need
- Red, white, and blue Gatorade
- 3oz paper cups
- Craft sticks
Here’s What You Do
1. Fill your cups up halfway with red Gatorade, place your craft sticks in, and freeze for 2 hours (rearrange your sticks so that they are centered after an hour).
2. Now fill your cups up 1/4 way with your white Gatorade and freeze for 1 hour.
3. Fill to the top with your blue Gatorade and free for another hour or until completely frozen.
4. Peel the paper off your cups and enjoy!
See how easy they are to make? They are the perfect way for kids (and adults) to cool off and enjoy a sweet treat.
Oh and here’s a little fun fact about July 4th for you. Did you know that three of the first five presidents – John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe – died on July 4? Now you can throw that little tidbit out to all your friends while you’re hangin’ out at a cookout or sitting waiting for the fireworks to start.
So tell me, what are your plans for July 4th?