I have been on a cereal-waffle kick lately and Reese’s Puffs Waffles are my latest creation. I made Froot Loops waffles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles recently and since we had a box of Reese’s Puffs in the house, I decided to make Reese’s Puffs Waffles out of them. I am all for getting creative with my waffles or pancakes, but since waffles seem to be a bit more popular in my house, I tend to lean towards making waffles over pancakes. My kids agree.
Reese’s Puffs Waffles
I honestly don’t know why I didn’t making cereal infused foods sooner. I love a good bowl of cereal with milk, but guess what? They are even better when they are mixed into a waffle or even a milkshake. Try it.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of crushed Reese’s Puffs cereal
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by preheating your waffle iron.
2. Next crush up your Reese’s Puffs cereal. I crushed mine in a bowl, but when my husband makes them he does it in a Ziploc bag. Either way is fine.
3. In a large bowl, add in all of your dry ingredients and mix together.
4. In another bowl, whisk your wet ingredients together.
5. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the large bowl.
6. Scoop about a ¼ cup of the waffle mix onto your waffle iron and cook until waffles are done.
7. Top with your favorite waffle toppings. I went with blueberries on mine, but add whatever YOU like on yours. Enjoy!
I hope you get a chance to make these Reese’s Puffs Waffles. They are really easy to make and they are really yummy, too. Let me know if you get a chance to make them.