Who else is excited about the Sherlock Gnomes movie coming out later this month? We are a little gnome obsessed in our house….well, actually just I am, but anyways…..I decided to make some Rice Krispie Treat Gnomes in celebration of the new movie. They were seriously easy to make and I am wicked happy with how they came out. If you love gnomes, too, you should whip up a batch.
Rice Krispie Treat Gnomes
Here’s what you need:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 15 oz marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- Fruit flavored Tootsie Rolls
- Cotton candy
- Vanilla frosting (optional)
- 8×8” pan
- Non stick cooking spray
- Ice cream cone shaped cookie cutter
Here’s what you do:
1. Grease a small 8×8 dish with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy
3. Now mix in your Rice Krispies cereal.
4. Scoop the mixture into your pan, press down firmly, and freeze for 15 minutes.
5. Place 4 of the same colored Tootsie Rolls in the microwave for 3 seconds, unwrap and press them together.
6. Roll out your Tootsie Rolls and use the cone side of the cookie cutter to cut out a hat.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 until you have 8 hats.
8. Pull apart 4 pink Tootsie Rolls and roll each half into smooth balls.
9. Use your cookie cutter to cut out as many ice cream cones as you can from your Rice Krispies.
10. Place the Tootsie Roll hats onto the Rice Krispies and a ball underneath for a nose.
11. Pull apart your cotton candy and press it below the nose for a beard. It sticks perfectly but if you’re planning on storing overnight you might want to spread out a little vanilla frosting first.
Hope you enjoy your Rice Krispie Treat Gnomes as much as we loved ours.