We’ve been on a major buffalo chicken kick in our house as of late. I have always liked it, but the kids discovered it recently and now they can’t get enough. Since we made a decent sized spread every weekend for game day (Go Patriots!), buffalo mac & cheese is something I have been making pretty much every week since football season ended. It combines buffalo chicken with another popular dish in our house: mac & cheese. I started making it in the slow cooker because it’s something I can make ahead of time and have it be ready by game time.
I’ve also been known to make this Slow Cooker Buffalo Mac & Cheese on busy weeknights as well. I work funny hours and I love meals that I can make early in the day and have them all ready when I get home at 6:30.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Mac & Cheese
Here’s what you need:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces elbow pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8oz shredded Colby jack cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Place chicken breast and the chicken broth right into the crockpot and sprinkle with garlic.
2. Add the wing sauce & mix well.
3. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
4. Shred the fully cooked chicken with a fork until you are happy with the size of the chunks.
5. Add uncooked pasta, stir and cover. Cook pasta on high for 45 minutes or until fully cooked.
6. In saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
7. Whisk in flour then slowly pour in milk while whisking until smooth.
8. Whisk in cheese until melted and smooth.
9. Add cheese sauce to the crockpot and mix well.
10. Let it simmer on low until you are ready to serve your buffalo mac & cheese.
Serve your buffalo mac & cheese and most importantly – enjoy!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Mac & Cheese for the win!
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Mac & Cheese recipe is the perfect addition to your menu! It’s delicious, easy to make and will surely be a big hit!