I was in a baking mood today and ended up whipping up some S’mores Layered Cupcakes. I love s’mores, but I don’t love the mess they make when I am eating them (sticky marshmallow all over my hands is so ew), so here is my twist on a classic. Plus, who doesn’t love a good cupcake?
S’mores Layered Cupcakes
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/3 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. milk
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers
- 8 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 6 pack of Hershey bars
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line (2) 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Combine the softened butter, eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
3. Next slowly fold in all of the dry ingredients.
4. Carefully break a graham cracker into 8 equal squares and place one graham cracker square in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
5. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cupcake batter into the muffin papers and then place another small graham cracker square on top of the cupcake batter.
6. Cover the second graham cracker square with a little bit of the batter, but be careful to not overfill the liner (plus you need to leave some room for the marshmallow).
7. Place in the oven and bake the cupcakes for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place one marshmallow half on top of each cupcake – you may need to gently press them in a bit.
9. Place the cupcakes back in the oven for another 8 minutes to allow the cupcakes to finish baking.
10. Remove from the oven and place one small Hershey’s chocolate on top of each cupcake.
*Makes approximately 16 cupcakes
Your S’mores Layered Cupcakes are now ready to be devoured.
Hope you like these S’mores layered cupcakes as much as my family did!
I am excited to make these S’mores layered cupcakes soon. Will you be trying them?