The holidays are filled with gift shopping, whipping up feasts that will please a crowd, putting up decorations, planning festive gatherings, cleaning up after the festive gatherings, making lists, and checking them twice. It can all be overwhelming, but the fun in the season is worth every moment of making magic.
These Snowman Donuts are incredibly easy and quick, so you can get back to making three different kinds of mashed potatoes to suit your guests’ desire. They require no baking, but just a little imagination that will have your family wanting to join in.
You Will Need:
*Powdered sugar donuts – You can make your own by frying up some pre-made biscuit dough. Just use a small circular cookie cutter to create the shape. Double-dip them in powdered sugar and let them cool. Or, you can buy a bag. I won’t tell.
*One small piping bag of white-hued frosting
*Candy orange slices
*Chocolate chips (Regular M&M candies work well, too.)
To create these delicious and quick Snowman Donuts…
1. Cut candy orange slices in half, lengthwise.
2. Snip the halved candy orange slice at an angle to create a triangular shape.
3. Squeeze a small amount of frosting into the center of the donut.
4. Place the trimmed candy orange slice onto the frosting, gently pushing the candy into the donut.
5. Using a tiny dot of frosting on the back of the chocolate chips, adhere them to the top and bottom of the donuts.
6. Line up several donuts to create a full snowman, or simply create faces using one donut for feeding a crowd.
Get the entire family involved and let the creativity loose. Use different types of candy to decorate your snowman. Brew up a pot of coffee or coco to dip your creations in before devouring them for a fun, indulgent breakfast or warm up after playing in the snow.