Now that it’s October, in my house that means one thing: Halloween month! Yay! So now that’s it’s officially October, I say let the Halloween fun begin and I can’t think of a better way to kick off the month of spooky celebrations than with some Spaghetti & Eyeballs for dinner. Yes, I said spaghetti and EYEBALLS! It’s something that’s wicked easy to whip up and it definitely packs a punch when you serve it at dinnertime. Trust me, everyone at the table will be giggling.
Spaghetti & Eyeballs
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Box of Spaghetti
- 1 24oz Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Can Black of Jumbo Olives
- Fresh Mozzarella (small rounds)
- Purple and Lime Green Food Coloring
Here’s what you do:
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package. Strain and separate into 2 bowls. Add 20-25 drops of food coloring to each bowl of pasta and toss well. You can use a spoon or your hands, which is what I did to make sure all of the pasta was covered. If you are using your hands, I would suggest wearing gloves so that you don’t get food coloring everywhere.
2. After the coloring is mixed in, add some water (about ½ cup or so) and mix again, then drain. This will get off some of the food coloring that did not soak in to the pasta. Mix both of the colored pastas together and set aside for now.
3. Slice the olives in thirds or fourths depending how big your olive is. Place one slice on a ball of mozzarella then add a dot of pasta sauce inside the olive.
4. Serve pasta on a plate, add spaghetti sauce and place the eyeballs all around.
5. Enjoy your spooky Halloween dinner!!
My family loved having Spaghetti & Eyeballs for dinner and I hope yours does, too!
What do you think about my Spaghetti & Eyeballs?