This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
Now, that it’s October, our back to school routine is in full swing. With my oldest going off to middle school this year, each of my boys are in different schools complete with different start and end times. Combine that with the fact my oldest has been training for his black belt test, lots of homework and my little man’s multiple soccer practices and games every week, it seems like we are literally always busy.
Since my husband, Chris, and I spend so much time focusing on the kids, it’s easy to forget to take time for each other. That’s why we try to have an at-home date night at least once a month, if not more often. When we do manage to carve out some time for a date night at home, we love to make a snack together, watch some movies and afterwards, ahem, head upstairs to the bedroom.
Inspired by our recent trip to Philadelphia, for our most recent date night at home Chris and I made some Philly Cheese Steak Loaded Nachos to munch on while we watched a couple of our favorite 80’s movies.
I love taking something in its traditional form and putting a different spin on it. These are definitely not your mama’s nachos. If you are bored with the same old nacho recipe, this recipe will spice things up for sure. While not the typical flavors associated with nachos, grilled steak, peppers, onions, and cheese sauce combine to make an amazing and fresh new topping with attitude for crunchy tortilla chips. They are the perfect snack to spice up your at-home date night.
- 12 oz. pkg. pre cooked steak strips
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese blend
1. Chop onions and green peppers.
2. Drizzle olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
3. When oil is hot add peppers and onions, saute until they begin to brown.
4. Stir in steak strips, Worcestershire, pepper, and garlic salt until heated through.
5. While steak, peppers, and onions are cooking prepare cheese sauce.
6. Place flour and butter in a large saucepan, heat over medium low heat, stirring frequently until it begins to lightly brown, stir in milk and cheese until melted and smooth.
7. Pile up a plate of chips.
8. Top with steak, onions, and peppers.
9. Drizzle cheese sauce to finish it off.
This recipe makes enough for 4 generous plates of nachos.
Once the nachos were ready, Chris and I were ready for some quality time together. While I was at Walmart, I spotted some K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® in the family planning aisle and thought that would be the perfect way to end our evening. I used a coupon for $1 off any K-Y® product.
Connecting with your loved one doesn’t have to be a fancy, expensive night out. Just being together, snuggling on the sofa watching some movies and sharing a delicious snack, should ignite that spark.
End the night with some alone time and try K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants®. K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® provide an invigorating warming sensation for him and a thrilling tingling sensation for her. Put the two together for a totally new, unexpected experience. It’s more exciting. More satisfying. More everything.
I love taking a few hours to unplug with no electronics and just hang out with my husband. And PS, we loved the K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants®.
Want to spice up your date night at home, too? Here is a coupon for $1 off any K-Y® product.
What is your idea of a perfect date night at home?