Sometimes I like to surprise my kids with a fun after-school snack, so recently I made these Spooky Witch Fingers. They are incredibly easy to make and the kids thought they were really cool. You only need a few ingredients and in a short time, you can make your own Spooky Witch Fingers.
Spooky Witch Fingers
Here’s what you need:
- Pretzel Rods
- Sliced Almonds
- Black Food Dye
- Green Candy Melts
Here’s what you do:
1. Open the bag of Green Candy Melts and melt over a low-medium heat on the stove. Pour melted candy melts into a tall glass.
2. Open the bag of pretzel rods and dip each pretzel rod into the melted green candy melts. Let the excess drip off into the cup and then place the pretzel rod onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Allow the pretzels a minute or two to dry and then move the pretzels to a second cookie sheet lined with wax paper. This insures that your pretzel won’t dry in a puddle of candy melts.
3. While the candy melts are still wet, place one sliced almond onto the top of each pretzel rod. Push the sliced almond into the candy melts a bit to create a cuticle.
4. While the candy melts are still slightly wet, take a toothpick and draw lines onto the witches fingers to create knuckles. Add green sprinkles while the candy melts are still wet to create warts if desired.
5. Once the candy melts have dried, paint black food dye onto the sliced almonds. Be sure to allow the food dye to dry before serving.
The kids loved them!
Spooky Witch Fingers are perfect for an after-school snack or as a fun Halloween party treat. People love the sweet and salty combination and they are always a hit because of the way they look.