When I was a kid, I feel like I barely heard about St. Patrick’s Day. Sure there is a big parade in Boston (that my parents never took me to see despite my incessant begging) and in school we’d all wear green – but that was about it. It seems like as the years have passed, this “holiday” has picked up steam and nowadays, people go all out. So I am jumping on the bandwagon, too! I decided to make some Minty M&M Cookies, which are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day because of the colors of the M&M’s! And c’mon, who doesn’t love a warm M&M cookie right out of the oven? Yummers.
Anyhow, they are super easy to make and will make for a nice surprise for the kiddos one day when they get off the bus.
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup salted softened butter
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 Cups Mint M&M’s
- 1/4 White M&M’s (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350° in line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat together your softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Then quickly mix in your vanilla extract and egg.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, and cornstarch and mix.
5. Now mix your flour mixture into your butter mixture until you have a thick cookie dough (it might seem crumbly at first, keep mixing).
6. Slowly fold in your M&M’s.
7. Form your dough into small cookie dough balls and place onto your baking sheet.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool.
Of course M&M cookies are good any time, but I felt like getting a bit more festive with these ones.
What is your favorite kind of cookie?