Summer is upon us and for some reason, when my kids are out of school for the summer they want a snack every 30 minutes. I try to keep it as healthy as possible, but I always want to make sure it’s a tasty snack that they will enjoy. These Strawberry Kiwi Frozen Yogurt Dinosaur Bites definitely fit the bill. You only need two ingredients to make them and they seriously could not be any more delicious. Whenever I make them, the kids gobble the whole batch of them up in one sitting.
Strawberry Kiwi Frozen Yogurt Dinosaur Bites
Here’s what you need:
- Dinosaur Silicone Mold (You can purchase this from Walmart in their baking section or order a similar dinosaur silicone mold online)
- Strawberry Yogurt
Here’s what you do:
1. After gathering all of your ingredients, start by cutting the fuzzy skin off of your kiwis.
2. Dice the kiwis into very small pieces. Refer to photo below:
3. Add a layer of yogurt to your silicone molds. Do not add any oil or non-stick sprays because silicone molds do not need it.
4. Add a heaping tablespoon of diced kiwis to the yogurt already in the mold.
5. Fill the remainder of the mold with the rest of your strawberry yogurt.
6. Use the back of a butter knife to scrape across the top of the mold to remove any excess yogurt.
7. Freeze the yogurt treats for at least 3 hours.
8. Simply pop your yogurt treats from the silicone mold and enjoy!
You could even get wild and crazy & make different flavored yogurt bites. My kids prefer strawberry and love kiwi, so that’s why I made these. You can literally make any combination of fruit and yogurt you like! If you have a different shaped mold, try that, too.
I have been making these Strawberry Kiwi Frozen Yogurt Dinosaur Bites on a regular basis this summer. The kids can’t seem to get enough.