If you’ve been around here for a while, you know that I am a major Halloween lover. I am always scouring the interwebs for fun & festive snack ideas for my kids around this time of year. I love seeing their faces when I surprise them with a fun Halloween treat. Sometimes I have the treats ready when they get off the bus from school and other times I like to whip up something for family movie night.
We try to sit down as a family every Friday night and stream a movie on Netflix, so this past Friday my family munched on these spooky Halloween treats while we watched our movie. These treats are beyond simple to make, especially if you opt for pre-made rice crispy treats.
What you need:
- 12 Rice Crispy Treats
- Edible Eyes
- 12 oz White Chocolate or White Candy Melts
- Sandwich bag
- Parchment paper
Here’s what you do:
1. Melt white chocolate in the microwave, 10 seconds at a time, stirring to avoid burning.
2. Place rice crispy treat on parchment paper and use melted chocolate to attach eyes.
3. Place melted chocolate in the sandwich bag and snip the corner off to pipe the white chocolate onto the treat.
4. There is no right or wrong way, just pipe the white chocolate out in lines across the treat. Let the treats dry before serving. You can store these in an airtight container for about a week.
I love that there are so many Halloween movies and specials to stream on Netflix this year. They have family movies like Escape to Witch Mountain, Goosebumps and Shrek’s Swamp Stories. Our family watched Alvin & the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, but Disney’s Spooky Buddies was a close second. I think that’s probably what we’re going to watch this week.
After the kiddos go to bed, there are lots of Halloween options for grown ups, too. Hellraiser, Children of the Corn, the Amityville Horror and a lot more.
I always say that you can’t sit down to watch a movie without a snack. It’s just plain wrong. What’s your favorite movie night snack?
Note: I am a member of the Netflix StreamTeam. As part of the #streamteam, I have received product and complimentary service, but all opinions are 100% my own.