It’s that time of year again…time for the New England Boat Show that is. My husband is obsessed with boats so attending the boat show is an annual tradition for us. This year the New England Boat show is in Boston from February 9-17, 2019, so be sure to make some time to get to over there to visit while the event is going on. The New England Boat Show attracts over 50,000 marine enthusiasts of all ages and definitley has something for everyone.
Here’s are some of the things you can expect at the 2019 Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show this year:
- NEW this year is an expanded MARINE CAREER DAY on Friday, February 15, including the first open-to-the-public CAREER FAIR –an opportunity for the general public to launch a career in the marine industry, including complimentary admission with registration. The Career Fair will provide a chance for those exploring a career in recreational boating to meet with potential employers and learn more about the important boating industry and jobs directly from industry experts from marine technicians to sales and much more.
- More than 600 of the latest boat models to browse, board and buy for every lifestyle and budget ranging from luxury cruisers to center consoles and pontoon boats, plus marine accessories and much more, including the Queen(s) of the Show, the largest and most glamorous boat on the show floor. This year, TWO BOATS claim the title: the Cruisers Cantius 46 and on the sail side, the Catalina 425.
- NEW A Tale of 2 Seasons Social Media Contest– Two seasons collide as the Boat Show, right in the middle of winter, represents all we love about warm weather, long sunny days boating, fishing and sailing on the coastlines, rivers and lakes of New England. So set aside the shovels, skis and snowmobiles to sample what summer of 2019 looks like. Come aboard and post your favorite summer-in-winter picture for a chance to win tickets to the show as well as all entries will be eligible for a grand prize package. Post that picture to our Facebook or Instagram pages. Use the hashtag #NEBoatShow or #Taleof2Seasons.
- Boat Smarts -Dozens of boating seminars with a special emphasis on fishing tips throughout the show as well as advice on sailing and boating topics featuring popular interactive casting tanks by New England’s premier saltwater fishing outfitters, Goose Hummock. Full lineup of seminars here: http://www.newenglandboatshow.com/seminars
- Salt, the 40-foot, life-size inflatable humpback whale, teaching kids of all ages about safe boating near whales.
- The Progressive Insurance Boat Club, offering the chance to boost your boating IQ with top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship who will be on-deck to teach an entertaining curriculum of hands-on boating courses. Plus, attendees can take the helm at Progressive’s Oculus Rift virtual reality experience and learn to master docking skills at the docking pool with remote control model boats.
- Kids Ahoy- Little skippers will have boatloads of fun creating one of a kind nautical masterpieces to take home as a show souvenir at Kids Toy Boat Building. The Touch-A-Boat Tour takes kids on a voyage through the Show to explore an array of vessels, talk with captains snap a pic at the helm and learn the ropes of life the high seas, and the Kids Paddleboat Pool will allow young mariners to navigate a mini lake in their own paddleboat.
Sounds like a great show, huh? Especially that Tale of 2 Seasons social media contest. I can’t wait to stalk the hashtags to see the entries.
After reading about all the fun stuff they have at the show this year, you want to go check it out for yourself. Here’s all the info you need to know about this years show:
Saturday, February 9: 10am–8pm
Sunday, February 10: 11am–6pm
Mon - Fri, February 11-15: 1pm–9pm
Saturday, February 16: 10am–8pm
Sunday, February 17: 11am–5:30pm
Adults: $16.00 (13 yrs. and older) Advanced purchase discount $14.00 until 2/8/19
Children: Age 12 years and under Free (when accompanied by an Adult).
Group Rate: $12.00 10+ Admissions purchased
Note: Credit & debit cards accepted for ticket purchases at the show. Citizen’s Bank ATM is available in the show lobby for your cash needs. For convenience and to avoid the lines, tickets may be purchased online:http://www.newenglandboatshow.com/
As always, the New England Boat Show is located at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer St., Boston, MA 02210 – right in the seaport, which is a short walk from South Station.
Want to go to the show? Click on this link for BOATGO (BOGO tickets) now through 2/10 at midnight!
I will be at the New England Boat show this Saturday, so if you are going and want to meet up just let me know. And don’t forget to enter the Tale of 2 Seasons social media contest – it’s easy, fun and a weekend on Nantucket sounds awesome, right?