Here in New England, summer is way too short and my family really tries to make the most of the nice weather we do get. One thing we do every single year is head up to Portsmouth, NH to Water Country. There are several water parks in New England, but Water Country is by far our favorite.
For over 30 years, Water Country has been the go-to destination for family fun in southern New Hampshire. Water Country features family-friendly rides and attractions like Big Ollie, Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel of Terror, and the lazy river. They have more slides, pools and attractions than any other water park in the area and there is definitely something for everyone there. A day at the water park is just that, a full day!
My family had a blast spending the day at Water Country this past weekend and I wanted to share a few tips with you for your trip:
- You CAN bring outside food and drinks (non alcoholic) into Water Country. They have several dining options inside the park if you don’t feel like dragging a cooler with you, but you have the choice and I always like having options.
- The pavement between attractions gets HOT by the afternoon, so make sure you have flip flops or something to wear on your feet because it WILL hurt to walk on the hot pavement, trust me.
- Get there early! This is especially true on weekends. There are limited chairs and picnic tables and they WILL go fast, so if you want to get a spot, be there when the park opens.
- Spring for the locker for your valuables. It’s totally worth not having to worry about leaving your stuff unattended at your home base for the day.
- Don’t forget to pack sunblock, a bag for wet bathing suits, a clean/dry change of clothes, cash (for rentals), swim diapers if needed and most importantly, a portable phone charger.
Here’s everything you need to know to plan your visit:
Regular Parking is $5 per vehicle.
Preferred Parking is $25 per vehicle.
Water Country allows Guests to rent Life Jackets on a First Come…First Serve basis. Each Life Jacket rented from the Rentals Shack requires a $10.00 (cash only) deposit. Deposits are refundable on return of the life jacket at the end of use and undamaged.
Tubes can be rented at the Rental Pavillion. Guests who purchase a Tube Wristband will be entitled to his/her personal tube for the day. Reminder Guests the following:
• Water Country is not responsible for Tubes stolen from other Guests.
• It is the Guest’s responsibility to keep track of and hold onto his/her tube throughout the day.
• To deposit and pickup tubes throughout the day, a valid wristband of the determined color must be worn on that Guest’s wrist.
• Guests who do not have a Tube Wristband cannot pick-up a Tube at the Rental Shack OR carry it around the park.
Water Country offers rentable lockers for Guests to safely secure their personable belongings such as bags, towels, cameras, wallets, and purses while they enjoy the park’s attractions. Guests will be able to purchase keys to our rentable lockers at either the Ticket Booths (with Park Admission) or Rental Shack (located to the right of First Aid).
• All-day unlimited locker access for EACH locker rented (no coins required)
• ONE locker key per locker rented ONLY
*Season Pass Holders save $5!
Water Country is located at 2300 Lafayette Road in Portsmouth, NH 03801. And guess what? Water Country is on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook, too, so be sure to follow them to keep up with their latest news and updates.
If you’re in New England and looking for a fun day out with the family, Water Country is the place to be. My boys are already asking when we can go back!