This year I will be hosting Thanksgiving, so I thought it would be fun to come up with something “kid friendly” for dessert or a even just a snack. Cue the Turkey Popcorn Hands!
With only a few things needed to make them, these Turkey Popcorn Hands are super easy to make and just look at how cute they are.
Turkey Popcorn Hands
Here’s what you need:
- Microwave Popcorn (Popped)
- Peanut M&M’s Harvest Color & Regular Color (only need if you want green)
- Plain M&M’s (just need red for the wattle)
- Disposable Gloves
- Twist ties
- Orange, black, & white construction paper
Here’s what you do:
1. Pop the popcorn according to the package. Let cool
2. Take a disposable glove and feel each finger with a different color of peanut M&M. Then fill thumb about ½ way with red plain M&Ms.
3. Fill the rest of glove with your cooled popped popcorn.
4. Close with a twist tie.
5. Take your orange construction paper and cut out a triangle for the beak. Then cut out a white circle for the eye and a smaller black circle for the pupil.
6. Take your black circle and glue it on top of your white circle to create your eye.
7. Glue your eye on right above the wattle (thumb).
8. Twist the thumb and glue your beak where you twisted it. (You could also use a twist tie to tie the thumb).
9. Your all set, they’re all ready to Gobble!
FYI: 2 Bags of Microwave Popcorn and 1 bag of peanut & plain M&Ms makes about six turkey hands, so you will need to adjust the amount of popcorn and M&Ms accordingly if you need more than six.
These Turkey Popcorn Hands sure are a fun Thanksgiving treat for the kiddos and they make a great snack, too! I will be serving these to the kids early in the day because I’m hosting & I need to keep the kids occupied while I’m in the kitchen.
While the kiddos are snacking on their Turkey Popcorn Hands, we will also be streaming All Hail King Julien: Season 4 ( which was just released on 11/11)! My kids have been waiting for season 4 to arrive and are going to love the All Hail King Julien we have in our house on Thanksgiving morning (after the parade, of course).
What are you currently streaming on Netflix?
Note: I am a member of the Netflix StreamTeam. As part of the #streamteam, I have received product and complimentary service, but all opinions are 100% my own.