Some of you already know, but I twit on a regular basis and I’ve met some truly amazing people through using Twitter. Although most of the people I haven’t had the good fortune to meet in real life….a few of them I actually have and I know for a fact that a few of them are going to be friends for life. And it’s all thanks to “The Twitta”.
With a few exceptions, I am on Twitter pretty much every day. Some days I twit more than others, but I do check it regularly. Since I’m on there so much, there are a few trends that I’ve noticed and of course, I am going to share some of my observations with you today.
1. Sometimes it’s difficult to tell in a 73×73 sized image what people actually look like. It hasn’t happened to me often, but on a few occasions I’ve clicked on someones avatar so that I could put a face with a name and BAM – I was confronted with a much fuglier face than I expected.
2. Sometimes 140 characters just isn’t enough SoYouHaveToCombineWordsSometimesToFitYourEntireMessage. I know I could use Twit Longer or a service like that, but all the extra clicks put a strain on my wrist muscles. It’s much easier to cram everything together, don’t you think?
3. For a lot of people, English ain’t their first language. Or maybe it is, but they don’t know how to use it correctly. We all know how I feel about proper grammar, punctuation oh and ain’t isn’t a word.
4. Some people are really boring. If all you ever twit is something like this “Heading to do some shopping at Trader Joe’s” then I’m probably going to think that you live alone with 33 cats.
5. Then there is the Over-Tweeter. If you twit several hundred times per day, every day, then you have way too much time on your hands.
6. You may think you’re too good to be bothered responding to my mention of you, but guess what – you’re an asshole. I know you have a lot of followers, but I am quite positive you check your mentions. Try being friendly and responding to someone you don’t usually chat with for a change. Chances are you’re not half as good as you think you are anyways.
**This is not intended for any of my friends that I twit (yes I said twit) with..it’s those other people that get mentioned in a twit as a conversation starter and they just never respond.
7. A lot of people seem to think they’re pretty clever by coming up with words that are prefixed with a “Tw”. If you call me a tweep, a twiend or try to tweetroduce me to someone via Twitter, you are getting unfollowed.
8. Oh, and what does an image of a whale have to do with Twitter being over-capacity anyways? Wouldn’t a picture of something exploding be more appropriate? And way cooler.
And there you have it. Who wants to add to the list?