I had my nieces over recently and wanted to surprise them with a fun treat. While they only live a few towns away, crazy schedules on both sides make it so I don’t see them as often as I’d like. So when I know I get to see them, I like to plan crafts or bake some special treats for them. I made them some Unicorn Kiss Cookies and they were as big of a hit as I thought they’d be. The best part is that they were really easy to make, so I can whip up a batch every time I see the girls from now on!
Unicorn Kiss Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 4-5 different colored sugars: I used orange, yellow, pink ,blue, and purple
- Hershey’s Birthday Kisses (I found mine at my local Walmart store)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pour your colored sugars onto one plate
3. Combine the white cake mix, 2 eggs, vegetable oil and flour. Mix well and scoop the cookie dough into 2″ balls.
4. Dip the cookie balls into each colored sugared and place them about 2-3″ apart on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
6. Once they are done, remove from the oven and let your cookies cool for 5-6 minutes. Place one Hershey’s Birthday Kiss in the center of each Unicorn cookie.
*I suggest waiting a few minutes because any sooner and the Hershey’s Kiss will melt.
This recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy!
And in case you are wondering, my boys were completely unimpressed by these cookies. Of course they ate a couple and liked them, but they did not flip their lids over these Unicorn Kiss Cookies like my two nieces did. That’s ok, though….I am happy with the way they came out and I hope you like them, too.