I am totally obsessed with chocolate covered pretzel sticks (and by sticks, I mean the long rod ones). I seriously make them all the time. I mean, they are so easy to make so why not? Plus the sweet and salty combo is just plain awesome. My nieces were coming over to my house last weekend, so I made them some Unicorn Wand Pretzel Sticks and needless to say, they loved them.
Unicorn Wand Pretzel Sticks
Here’s what you need:
- 12 oz Wilton bright white candy melts
- 12 oz Wilton turquoise candy melts
- 12 oz Wilton bright pink candy melts
- 1 large package of pretzel sticks (I used a tub from Aldi)
- White Wilton pearl dust
- Small food-safe brush
- Parchment paper
- 2 small sandwich bags
- Kitchen scissors
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pour each color of candy melts into a separate microwave safe dish.
3. Heat one dish at a time in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
4. Repeat the melting process with the other candy melts.
5. Dip each pretzel into the melted white chocolate coating half of it.
6. Place the pretzel rod on the parchment paper and repeat with other pretzel rods.
7. Once all the pretzels are dipped, fill each small sandwich baggie – one with pink chocolate, the other with teal chocolate. Snip the corner of each baggie and gently squeeze and drizzle over the pretzel rods.
8. Make sure to let the chocolate set completely.
9. Once the chocolate has set, dip the small brush into the pearl dust and gently brush onto the melted chocolate making it shine.
*If the melted chocolate begins to thicken while you are dipping the pretzel rods in the white chocolate simply microwave for another 30 seconds to re-melt.
Unicorn Wand Pretzel Sticks are a fun and easy snack that everyone can enjoy. There’s just something about that mix of sweet and salty that everyone loves.