My boys are basically obsessed with anything emoji related. They both got a bunch of emoji paraphernalia for Christmas and I think for both of them, the emoji gifts that they received rank highest among their favorites. Especially those poop emoji slippers that my little man got….
The emoji obsession in my house got me thinking. I wanted to make a fun snack for my boys that was emoji related and then it hit me – Valentine’s Day is coming up and the heart eyes emoji would be PERFECT to put on Rice Krispie Treats. If you are looking for a fun Valentine’s Day treat, you seriously don’t have to look any further than these Emoji Rice Krispie Treats. They are really easy to make and trust me, they will be a huge hit with your kids like they were with mine.
Here’s what you need:
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4.5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 cup red Wilton candy melts
- Black sparkle gel icing
You will also need:
- 3-4″ circle cookie cutter
- 8×8″ baking pan
- Non stick cooking spray
- Large glass mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Small microwave safe bowl
- Decorating bag
Here’s what you do:
1. Grease a 8×8″ baking pan with a non stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe mixing bowl, heat your marshmallow and butter for 1-2 minutes, until marshmallows become puffy and butter is mostly melted.
3. Next mix in several drops of your yellow food coloring until you reach your desired color.
4. Now add 5 cups of Rice Krispies and mix well with a wooden or metal spoon.
5. Scoop your Rice Krispies into your greased baking pan and press them firmly in your pan (using a potato masher helps).
6. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool quickly.
7. Now melt your candy melts in the microwave in a microwaveable bowl for 2-3 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
8. Use your circle cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can (I was able to get 7).
9. Pour your melted chocolate into a decorating bag and cut a small tip off the end.
10. Draw two small hearts towards the top of each yellow circle with your red chocolate filled decorating bag.
11. Finally draw a half oval for a mouth below the heart eyes.
See how fun they are?
What’s your favorite treat to make for Valentine’s Day?