How cute are these Watermelon Cake Balls? They don’t taste like watermelon, so consider yourself warned before you bite into one! But they do look like watermelon and they make a really fun dessert to serve at summer parties and cookouts. These Watermelon Cake Balls are really easy to make (because you make them using a cake mix) and I just can’t get over how cute they are. Trust me, your guests are going to love them! And if you want to play a little joke on your guests, sit back and watch the look of confusion on their faces if you don’t warn them ahead of time that they don’t taste like watermelon! Ha! These Watermelon Cake Balls will be the hit of your summertime cookout!
Watermelon Cake Balls
Here’s what you need:
- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 can of Pink Frosting
- 1 bag Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts, dark green
- 1 Wilton Candy Drizzle Pouch, bright green
- Pink Food Coloring
Here’s what you do:
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, crumble the cake, about half the can of frosting, and the chocolate chips.
3. Mix them all together until they are well combined and then roll into small balls. Then set aside for a minute.
4. Melt the dark green chocolate per package directions and dip the cake balls until they are fully covered and set them on parchment paper to dry.
5. Melt the drizzle pouch per package directions and pipe thin lines around your watermelon ball and let it dry completely.
That’s it. Simple to make and they are a super cute dessert for summertime parties!
Everyone will love these Watermelon Cake Balls when you serve them at parties.
Just don’t forget to mention that these Watermelon Cake Balls don’t actually taste like watermelon – they just look like it.