I’m not sure if it’s because I’m getting older or what, but lately I’ve had absolutely NO patience for people who post stupid crap on Facebook. Luckily for people like me, who don’t have the tolerance for stupid status updates, Facebook lets us hide said stupid people’s garbage. Right now, I think I have about a dozen people whose statuses I still see in my feed because of all the nonsense. Ok, fine, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but I’ve been on a major hiding spree lately and I’ve cleaned up my feed quite a bit.
If you post things like this, you’re going to get hidden:
1. You constantly post pictures of your meals. I get that once in a while you eat something that’s awesome enough that it’s worthy of a photo, but if there is more than one picture of something you’re about to put into your tummy per day – it’s too much.
2. You take pictures of yourself in the bathroom mirror. Doing it once is bad enough, but if you’ve done it more than one time in your life, it makes you a complete douche and I know for a fact that I’m not the only person who could care less about seeing them.
3. You “pin” too much. I don’t mind seeing what people pin, but if you post more than 10 to 12 things per day, don’t post them to Facebook when you do – it just clutters up other people’s feed. Unless it’s funny stuff, and in that case, pin away.
4. If you post anything relating to your political views, your religious views or gun control, I’m hiding you. Of course you are free to believe whatever you want and that is why we live in the greatest country in the world, but I generally don’t care what other people think in regards to those things, so if you post status updates or share photos pertaining to any of those things….bye bye!
5. If you feel the need to tell all your Facebook friends that you’re doing laundry, baking cookies, walking the dog, mowing the lawn or any other form of cleaning/housework – you need to get a life. If you honestly think anyone gives a shit that you’re “going for a swim later”, you are seriously mistaken.
6. If you post more than five status updates – you’re posting too much. Unless you’re on a vacation or doing something so awesome that multiple status updates are required, stop posting so much.
7. If you vaguebook all the time, consider yourself hidden. I don’t have the time or the desire to play your games, so if you have something to say – just spit it out already.
So if you are friends with me on Facebook and don’t get a like or comment from me in a while, you’re probably one of the people I’ve hidden.