You know, sometimes a mama just wants a treat. I work hard and sometimes I want to reward myself for all that hard work with a little sweet treat. Of course, I am a good mom, so when I make sweets – I make enough to share. Well, sometimes. Anyhow, I made these absolutely ah-mazing Banana Split Bites recently and trust me when I tell you that they were a huge hit.
If you know me, you know that I love my desserts. But once in a blue moon I only want a little bit which is why I had the idea to make smaller portions of one of my favorites – a banana split. Wait, did I just say that? A little bit of a dessert? That’s crazy talk. I could down 6 of these in one sitting without batting an eye. But when I made these, I shared. I swear.
Banana Split Bites
Here’s what you need:
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Container Cool Whip
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries
- Wilton Milk Chocolate Candy Discs
- Colored Sprinkles
Here’s what you do:
1. Peel the bananas and cut them into 2-3 inch pieces.
2. Melt the candy discs per the package directions and then dip each banana into the melted chocolate about halfway up.
3. Dip the chocolate end of the bananas into sprinkles and coat well.
4. Let them harden for about 10 minutes.
5. Place the whipped topping into a piping bag or plastic bag, and pipe a small dollop onto the top of each banana.
6. Place a cherry on top of each banana.
7. Ready to serve!
These Banana Split Bites are a perfect treat when you just want a single serving dessert. Make them and impress your friends because they look so pretty. Or you can make a bunch of banana split bites and eat them all yourself. No judgement.