I love dessert. There I said it. Growing up, my mom ALWAYS had homemade desserts in the house. Usually there were two or three tasty treats to choose from at a time, but there were always lots of baked goods in the house at any given time. My mom loved to bake and while I definitely didn’t inherit that trait, I do like to make some easy homemade desserts on occasion. This Hershey Pie fits the easy homemade dessert bill and it’s wicked yummy, too!
Anytime you need to whip up an easy dessert. try this Hershey pie. I have made it for parties over the years, girls nights in, or just because. My boys are always happy to see it on the counter for an after-school snack when they get off the bus. Basically what I am saying is that this Hershey Pie is good anytime!
Here’s what you need:
- 8oz Cool Whip
- Pre-Made Chocolate Pie Crust
- 12oz Hershey Chocolate
Here’s what you do:
1. Place your Hershey chocolate into a microwave safe bowl ( save a few squares for garnish) and heat for about 30 seconds or until they are fully melted. I broke mine up into squares because it helps it heat up and melt faster that way.
2. Once they’re completely melted, add your Cool Whip and mix well.
3. Pour Hershey mixture into the chocolate pie crust.
4. Use a cheese grater to garnish the top of the pie with the remaining chocolate squares that you set aside.
5. Place the pie in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Your Hershey Pie is now ready to eat! Cut yourself a slice (or two) and enjoy!
If you’re a chocolate lover, this Hershey Pie is for you. This recipe is as “easy as pie” to make and will definitely satisfy that sweet tooth!
If you make it, let me know how you like this Hershey Pie!